BY-LAWS OF ASIAN SHOULDER ASSOCIATION
October 30, 1993. Nagasaki JAPAN
Article I - Name, Objectives and Office
-Section I. The name of the association shall be “Asian Shoulder Association”.
“Shoulder” is a medical specialty which includes the investigation, preservation, restoration, and development of the form and function of the shoulder girdle, arm, and associated structures by medical, surgical, and physical means.
-Section II. The objectives of the association shall be:
- The association will furnish leadership, foster advances, and enhance the study of shoulder.
- The meeting will serve as forum where persons involved in this field of medicine can meet, discuss new ideas, and present scientific materials.
- The association will afford recognition to those who have contributed to surgery of the shoulder by extending to them membership in the association.
-Section III. Offices:
- The address of the registered office of this association shall be set in Nobuhara Hospital in Japan.
- This association may have other offices in each country, during the annual scientific meeting of this association.
Article II - Membership, Ethic and Discipline
-Section I. There shall be two classes of membership in the association:
- Founding member:
- An active member shall have demonstrated a proven interest in and contribution to the field of shoulder surgery by educational background, presentations at scientific meetings, publications, and distribution of the prospective member's medical practice.
- Membership in the association shall be considered to be a privilege and by invitation only. Foundingmembers may sponsor an individual for active membership by writing supporting letters to the executive committee.
- Annual dues may include a registration fee. The amount shall be determined by the executive committee.
-Section II. Ethics and Discipline
- Each member shall be expected to comply with "the Principles of Medical Ethics of the World Medical Association" and with the by-laws and amendment to the by-laws of this association.
Article III - Couoncil, Executive Comittee and Officers
-Section I. Council and Executive Committee
- The council shall be composed of 12 countries from New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Korea and Japan.
- The executive committee shall be composed of founding members: (Peter Hales, Gong-Yi Huang, Chuanhan Feng, Pu-Fan Chien, K.M. Chan, Chehab R. Hilmy, Ryuji Yamamoto, Hiroaki Tsutsui, Nobuyuki Ito, Minoru Sakurai, Katsuya Nobuhara, Young-Kyun Woo, N.Subramanian, Antonio A. Rivera, Lauro M. Abrahan Jr., Andres Borromeo, V.P. Kumar, Jiunn-Jer Wu, Vatanachai Rojvanit).
-Section II. Officers
- Officers of the association shall be the president, the vice-president, and the secretary-treasurer.
-Section III. Terms
- Officers shall serve three years of office.
-Section IV. Duties of the executive committee
- The executive committee shall be the administrative authority of the association.
- The executive committee will conduct an annual committee business meeting preceding the annual scientific meeting of the association.
- The executive committee shall be responsible for membership selection and for the discipline of the members.
Article IV – Amendments
All proposed amendments to the by-laws of the association must be signed by active members and submitted to the secretary-treasurer. The amendments shall be accepted if a 2/3 affirmative vote is obtained by the voting member present at the annual business meeting of the members of the association.